Audio Comedy Bronze
It's like Christmas. In a magical treehouse. With talking kittens! Join Danny Davies on an unnecessary yomp through the weirder hinterlands of the audiosphere, via the medium of daft voices and off-colour remarks about famous people. There may be a quiz at the end. So pay attention! Featuring infrequent appearances by Michael Parkinson, some Daleks getting excited, 70's BBC continuity announcers and the like. Apart from Series 2. Where there's different stuff going on. Basically, it's 'Justin's House' off Cbeebies, with dalek voices and the odd psuedo-metaphysical "joke". Follow @dannydavies23 on the Twitters, or find A Disappointment on Facebook, or SoundCloud, or Tumblr. Probs.
Duration: 29:14 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 320 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Join Danny as he awaits a visit from an illustrious new celebrity chum, writes a note of complaint to a cable quiz channel, and generally displays the emotional range of a drunk toddler. Oh there's a live band "in session" to. Like Mark Goodyer used to have.Devised, performed & produced by Danny Davies, with appearances and additional material by Harry Medium, Marty Perrett, Dave Probert and Ian Todd. Special guest star - Blane William Traynor!
Duration: 55:12 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Join Veteran Broadcaster Michael Parkinson in a Unique Broadcasting Experiment / Excuse for Arbitrary and Unwarranted Capitalisation. An unassuming, mid terrace house in Cambridge, currently rented by Internet Bantamweight / Pretend Funnyman Danny Davies, harbours something uncanny, and unstoppable. Parky, with the help of Professor Jane Walsh (and the no-help of Celebrity Psychic Devlin Monteith) attempts, with super-sharp, shit-hot science and that, to unravel the mystery of 'Douglas'. We also meet a ghost hunter with an unsavoury USP, and Patrick Dempsey with his unusual van. All this and listeners 100% true-life tales of the Ghostly and the Supernatural add up to an audio experience so absolutely terrifying that the BBC never even commissioned it, let alone repeated it. But be warned. There may be something loose among the 1s and 0s...
Stick around after the credits too, even though you'll probably have shit yourself to bits by then for... A New Thing :D
Blab all you want at @dannydavies23 on The Twitters (no bomb threats mind, I'm too pretty for jail...) or at the Facebook group! Or up a tree.
Duration: 24:55 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Well. Here we are. Episode 6. The final episode. Of six episodes. And what happens in this episode, I hear you ask? Erm. Well. This episode kind of shouldn't be happening. Danny's Wells Cathedral that he contracted back in ep 5 has gone full blown and we're in a vaguely Life on Mars sitch. There's Bob Dylan, a lost interview with John Lennon, and the terrible end of the History Theatre Workshop. Oh and The TARDIS Pantry Podcast. That's new... Yes...
Features an extract from Bartok's Sonata for violin and piano No. 1 in C-sharp minor, Op. 21 taken from the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum collection. http://traffic.libsyn.com/gardnermuseum/bartok_no1.mp3
This episode, and the series as a whole, is dedicated to the memory of Tia L Brink, a very, very good friend of the show who passed away in August of this year. She'll be sorely missed
Duration: 24:01 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- In the mood for some mean-spirited, slow-fire comedy? Raise a pint of Horse Epiphany to the long summer nights with 'A Disappointment', and tales of disease, devil worship and John Hurt.Take dreadful peeks into Danny's songbook as we hear his ham-fisted troubadouring cut mercifully short! Argue with a doctor! Hear Seagull recount tales of godlessness and baking at Bowie's mansion! Bear witness to a psychological collapse via History Theatre Workshop! Hear genuine audio feedback* from one of the world's greatest scientific minds!It's a grumpy drunk of a show, in a ill-fitting blazer... 20 mins of vicious nonsense you'll never be able to reclaim!Features an extract from Beethoven: Cello Sonata in G minor, Op. 5, No. 2 performed by Laurence Lesser, part of the ISGM Music Library - http://www.gardnermuseum.org/music/artist/lesser.asp‘A Disappointment’ is proud to count itself among the Legion of Tangent podcast syndicate. For geek banter and general skillness catch all of the LoT podcasts at http://www.thelegionoftangent.co.cc*in the sense that it's genuinely audio
Duration: 18:55 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- MAY! Season of rebirth!MAY! When Pan and Gaia get all drunk and randy and that.MAY! Month of mysteries and elaborate dances, often involving hawthorn and robins.Celebrate the death of winter with episode 4 of ‘A Disappointment’. Professor John Hawksmoor of Cambridge University delves elbow-deep into the folklore of May. Ladybird 18/9 - the lady robot what powers the entire internet - fills us in on the major contenders for next prime minister of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. ‘Rock Reputations’ sheds new light on the legacy of the late Nick Drake. And there’s horrible, terrible, horrible MURDER!!! Or summat.Oh and the usual Vintage Doctor Who shit.WARNING - very very strong language in this episode. Positively terrible swearing. So be warned.‘A Disappointment’ is proud to count itself among the Legion of Tangent podcast syndicate. For geek banter and general skillness catch all of the LoT podcasts at http://www.thelegionoftangent.co.ccFeatures an extract from Bach’s Cello Suite No. 5 in C minor, BWV 1011 performed by Colin Carr, part of the ISGM Music Library - http://www.gardnermuseum.org/music/artist/carr.aspOriginal online date - May 3rd 2010
Duration: 20:56 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
- Before we get started, it should be made clear that this is all Kenny Pilgrim's fault. Totally his fault. The s**t. So if this episode comes across as a bit, y'know… odd… then blame him. I mean not only sabotaging a job interview, but recording it and chucking it round the office?!With the emotional vocabulary of a drunk toddler, your host introduces you to Seagull, takes you through the latest news, fills in for one of the History Theatre Workshop and enacts Drum and Bass vengeance on the aforementioned gitwad Pilgrim.‘A Disappointment' is brought to you by Sentinel Finance and their comprehensive range of insurance products. Although that may change after they hear this…Original online date - March 14th 2010
Duration: 20:57 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 96 KBPS - Frequency: 32000 HZ
- Episode 2 of 6
Technical flair flies out the window, as our host has to rope in a plumber to overcome a self-imposed handicap after taking a song lyric far too literally. History Theatre Workshop perform another dramatised slice of England Past, Youth Action Trust offer an insight into the plight of disenfranchised youth, and Prof. John Hawksmoor of Cambridge University throws horrifying light onto the origins of the Valentines Card. All this and a surprising endorsement from the highest corners of academia. And swears. Beaucoup des swears. As per…
Original online date Feb 7th 2010
Duration: 16:10 m - Filetype: mp3 - Bitrate: 128 KBPS - Frequency: 44100 HZ
Episode 1 of 6
In which our host is (belatedly) visited by the Spirit of Various Xmasses that have Gone Before, Michael Parkinson shills some spurious financial product or other, History Theatre Workshop preview a new work in progress, and we bear horrifying witness to the 2009 Review of the Year 2009.
Some very strong language in parts, but mostly just wrongness in one form or another…
Original online date - 30th December 2009